Monday, October 10, 2005

Movie Review: Village, The

I just watched M. Night Shananigan's latest film and wasn't quite as dissappointed as I expected. Which is kind of a weird idea, watching a movie you don't expect to like and all. However, my main reason behind watching it was actually envoked by the fact that everybody says that the movie is extremely easy to apprehend, in terms of plot twists. I wanted to see the damn movie before somebody spoiled it for me. This is the same reason I watched the Six Sense last year (many years after it came out). People couldn't believe that I didn't already hear of the plot twist in that flick, so I said "shut up! don't say anything else! I don't want to know!" and would walk away in anger, or something. Anyways, I managed to see the Six Sense without having anyone spoil it for me. I didn't see that twist coming, nor did I see if coming in the Village. In fact, I personally believe that the Village is even harder to predict than that other film. But when all is said and done, I actually enjoyed the Village and liked it's concept very much. It reminded me a lot of Dogville for obvious reasons, but took the concept of a small isolated village in a completely different direction. It's not a film you must go out and rent right away, but it is worth watching.

***1/2

No comments: