Sunday, October 17, 2004

Coincidences: American Psycho Again and Chocolate to Morphine

I guess this is the second American Psycho related coincidence now that I think of it. Well what happened was today I was in a bookstore and I was thinking of what book to look for, just for kicks. And I though, hey, how about "American Psycho" by Easton Ellis, so I looked for that and it was the first time I'd ever actually looked for that book before. They had it, but it was a new bookstore, so I didn't buy it, but I looked at it. Later, about an hour or so, my dad mentioned something about "Huey Luis and the News" and I said "where have I heard of that band before? It was in some movie...", then I realized it.... it was the favorite band of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho.
At this same bookstore, I DID buy a new book, it was the new Disinformation Book of Lists. I was reading the book and I came across a mention of book by somebody who took drugs and the book was called "From Chocolate to Morphine: Everything You Need To Know About Mind Altering Drugs." That seemed interesting so I tried to remember to check it out later. Just a few minutes ago I was at amazon.com, bored, so I looked up Hunter S. Thompson and wanted to see what other books people who read Thompson read. The second book on the first list I clicked on was that very book from my Book of Lists: "From Chocolate to Morphine." I thought this was weird because I had never heard of this book before today.

No comments: