Friday, June 20, 2003

Damn it. I am one of the many people suckered into buying a "Misfits" cd after Danzig had left the band. I heard the "American Psycho" song and thought it wasn't bad, so I decided to get a post-Danzig Misfits cd (I knew it was post-Danzig, but thought I should try it anyways). BAAAD move. "American Psycho" is the only song I can even stand. That cd sucks so much and is nothing like the real Misfits at all. I hate when bands get to keep the old name (like TSOL, which was a much worse case because they eventually kept replacing not only the singer, but just about every member till the band had NO (or close to no) origional members and they released a cd under the TSOL name!). Or how the DKKenedys (as they were eventually forced to call themselves half way through the tour) lost Jello Biafra and tour under the same name as "Dead Kennedys". Technicly, they changed their band name, but under fliers and concert tickets it almost always still reads "Dead Kennedys". In some fliers it still even has a picture of Jello on it! Bastards!... Well, at least I wasn't suckered into seeing the UNdead Kennedys when they came here with their new scab singer Brandom Cruz, bastards. But I still am pissed about those damn Misfits. I feel so used!

No comments: