Saturday, June 21, 2003

I've thought about this, and I think that VGS takes the cake for having the most hardcore mosh-pits of the shows I've been to. Of course, it has to do with the venue, the people there, the amount of people there and all that, but still, it's surprising that they would be at the top of that list. I mean, I've seen Choking Victim, Bad Religion (older songs are FAST), and lots of other fast as hell bands, but somehow, VGS's pits were hardercorererer. The first time I saw em was the most I have gotten hurt at any show. I had my own arm thrown into my face and got a fat lip, I was thrown onto the floor and wrecked my knees, and somebody was thrown into me from across the room and wrecked my unit! Ouch, that one really sucked. I think that the energy and feeling from ska, mixed with the speed and roughness of punk, makes a ska-core band such as VGS have intense pits. "It's the formula for fun!" (I even made my theory have it's own slogan)

No comments: