Wednesday, August 06, 2003

I was listening to Earth A.D. by the Misfits for the millionth time, wondering how they could possibly be so good. I really don't know. They somehow can grab a handfull of random chords and make an incredible song out of it. Plus, you have to love their lyrics. One thing I hate about the new, post-Danzig misfits (note: misfits was undercaps) is how you can easily tell that they don't really MEAN the lyrics they write. They just try to write as close as they can to real Misfits lyrics, and they end up sucking. You can really tell that Danzig was screaming those lyrics like he means em', I don't think he even realized how ridiculous they were (he still makes lyrics like these even to this day... well a little calmer, but just as dark, if you listen to his solo stuff in "Danzig"). OK, sure, he wasn't really gonna kill tons of people, but I still feel like he FELT the lyrics he was singing. "Hack off the heads of little girls and put em' on my wall". See, the new misfits can't come up with this type of stuff. They won't even touch it. Instead they'd write the stupidest songs refering to old Misfits related things that they never wrote a song about, for instance: "Crimson Ghost" (I garuentee a million Misfits fans were ready to kill when they read that song title). Or "Walk Among Us". How lame is that!? Yes, there is already a Misfits album called that you post-Danzig bastards, think of something original! I know what you are thinking "You are stupid, the Misfits wrote most of their songs based off horror movies so THEY wern't original either!" Well, I think making lyrics based on ideas from horror movies is an awesome and origional idea. Especially since I'm sure Danzig, being crazy Danzing and all, was thinking of how cool it would be to murder like in the movies! Therefor, I think the old Misfits lyrics (and music of course) ruled. The new misfits are just businessmen out to make money off of A. Kids that don't realize Danzig isn't on the tour or the new album, and B. Kids who want to be all goth or something, so they buy the shirts and the cds of the new misfits. I've found that most kids wearing Misfits shirts these days are in the "B" category. I've started asking these kids wearing "Fiend Club" shirts questions about the Misfits, and they really don't know anything... it's sad really. It used to make me mad, but I've grown to get used to it. Hot Topic is resonsible for so many posers, and yet my band members support it! I tell them that if they really need a Rancid T-Shirt so bad, to get it online or something... but let's not get into that right now. But geez, it's crazy how terrible the "misfits" are nowadays. But, I'm kinda glad Danzig left the band in a way. People always say how "Danzig should have never left!!", but if you think about it, do you really think that the Misfits would keep the awesome Misfits sound forever? I'm sure they would eventually change, most likely for the worst. What I'm saying is that they never had the chance to go down the drain. Danzig left and all of their albums they could finish, rule.

No comments: