Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Wow, that show was amazing. One of the best I have been to. F-MINUS played a great show, but unfortunately there wern't all too many people there. I was so excited though... A Global Threat played before them, and it kinda let me down because I only recognized ONE song of theirs! I can't usually get into songs I havn't heard before. I don't really listen to them though either, but I wanted them to play "Religious Scam", since that is my favorite of their songs... but they didnt, and therefore they were worthless to me. So after this let down, I saw F- setting up and I had so much energy and couldn't wait for them to start. They finally did and I took off like a madman into the "mosh pit"... which was pretty much me just running around completely by myself in a big circle for the first 3 songs! I didn't care though, my patented F-MINUS primal instincts had taken control. I was surprised though, I mean, c'mon, it's F-MINUS! Run around and get with the program, jeez. Finally people started to get more rowdy though, and for the first time in my whole life, I ran around for EVERY SINGLE SONG in the whole set. I just about threw up or passed out... or both. I barely even figured out how to get home I was so worn out and confused at the end... I seriously drove for 3 miles not even knowing where I was, I'm sure. When I got home I was pretty tired and decided not to take a shower because of it... despite the fact that I smelled like cigs, booze, Phil and a million other kids' sweat. My dad said "do you use deoderant??", and that made me realize I needed a shower pretty bad. The coolest part about this show was the people, for sure. I saw so many people that I don't see too often at shows... and the usual kids were NOT at this one! It was weird. I saw Jimmy, the origional Stereotypes bassist who I rarely see anymore. I also saw John Hey, who was the second Stereotypes bassist that I see even less than Jimmy. I also saw Subhuman Andrew, who I've only seen at like 2 shows before. DK Ian and Misfits Andrew were there too, I've seen Andrew at a handfull of shows, but the only show I've seen Ian at was the last Stereotypes show. This was also the first show I've seen Phil at, and the first show in a long time I've seen his cousin Ryan at. I could go on forever talking about the random people I saw there that I don't often see. Anyways, the last one I'll mention is Colin. I havn't seen him since the Bad Religion show last year. For those of you who don't know who Colin is, he is the bassist of my favorite local band, "None of the Above"... or you might know him as the guy that calls that girl a poser from that annoying commercial that says "Talk trash all you want, but don't throw it". So he was asking about the Stereotypes, I guess I never told him we broke up before. I told him about how John Hey got way too into drugs and quit going to practice so we gave up on that band. Colin was dissappointed (the standard reaction of one who finds out the Stereotypes are no more, of course) and said the last show was a lot of fun... Which it was, it really really was. He offered his bass-like services to re-start the band, and of course I was for it too. Me and Angelo have been talking about how it would be hella-tyte to find a new bassist and start again. So that's that. We will probably try and have some practice this weekend or something. All in all, you can tell it was a good show to be sure.

No comments: