Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election 2000

Day 1
Today is election day, which means we will soon find out who won the most votes and who will become the new president (which are not necessarily the same person). I have my money riding on the same ticket that wins every election, the "none of the above" ticket. Although this mysterious candidate is not a real person and he wins by the absense of votes, I still have faith in him. But back to the real election. This year I am trying to see how long I can go without finding out who is president, which doesn't seem like it will be that hard given the amount of complexity and time it will take counting and recounting and arguing that will surely insue in the days to come. Nevertheless, I am going to try and stay away from the day to day media and tell friends, teachers and parents not to talk about the election near me.
Maybe I should care more about who wins, but then again, I have no say in it either way, so it really doesn't matter if I know who won. Also, I have a hunch that it will be either Bush or Kerry that wins, so either way we will end up having a conservative businessman in office.

No comments: