Tuesday, December 23, 2003

At first, I really didn't even want to play the show that we (Deadmary) had been booked to play. Why? Because our lead guitarist was gone, we had only practiced ONCE in the last month and we only worked on making new songs, and we had about 2 days notice for this show. I figured it was gonna be sketchy as hell... but we actually played well. We took out a song or two that we needed dave for and played two covers in our set instead. They yelled at us for playing covers! Which is fine, if they had told us ahead of time OR if all the other bands didnt play about 2 covers each (which they DID!). I guess the secret is not saying that it's a cover and playing it off as your own... but I knew their dirty secrets. One band played an Anal Cunt cover and even talked about the song before they played it, they simply forgot to mention the small little fact that it was NOT by them! Another band played 'infested' by choking victim, which totally sucks because my other band 'stereotypes' plays that song already! WE WERE HERE FIRST FOOLS! Aaaaanyways, I'm getting off subject. Deadmary played well tonight and even a few random people in the crowd told me that they liked the band. A good time was had by all... except Monet, because she didn't come. tsk, tsk

PS: I don't think I've said this in any posts, but it's worth noting that Monet is now my girlfriend... if ya know what I mean...

No comments: