Monday, December 15, 2003

The other day in photo class, I pointed out to Ian that the Dead Kennedys logo he drew on his backpack was upsidedown because of the lighting. I notice weird musical things like that because things related to music seem to be the only things I ever retain. { http://images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10034000/10034700.jpg } Anyways, our photo teacher overheard us and told us that his cousin's band had played with the Dead kennedys in Germany. I asked what band and he said multi-death corporations! { http://www.southern.com/southern/label/CRC/pics/09431L.jpg } It was the coolest thing ever. To think, one of my teachers was the cousin of a band I listen to! That was cooler than the time my math teacher asked if anybody had heard of the Dead Kennedys. It was also cool because I had asked for an MDC patch for christmas just a week or so before! I sent an email to a friend about the 'musical coincidences' I had been having lately, I will post it:

1.Yesterday I was wondering (out of nowhere at all) if there was a band called 'the sickos', just because it seemed like there would be one called that SOMEWHERE. Anyways, only a few hours later I turned on my internet punk radio and there was a band called 'sicko'.
2.About a year ago I was listening to a song by the Germs with my friend and I thought the lyrics sounded like 'I came into this world a puzzled panther' (the actual lyrics were 'I came into this world puzzled and alone'). Now recently I bought a Germs tribute cd with a bunch of different bands playing Germs covers. Get this: one of the bands was the 'Puzzled Panthers'.
3.Yesterday me and Travis from my work somehow got on the subject of Iggy Pop and the Stooges. Now today I had to scan some pictures from this Japanese art book and one of the pictures in it was a flyer for an Iggy Pop and the Stooges concert. If that's not a calling from god to listen to the Stooges, I don't know what is. (note: I capitalize the Stooges, but not god).

PS: Any readers might remember one of my posts from awhile ago that linked to a picture of a woman with her face burnt off by acid from US soldiers... I found that on an MDC site.

PPS: I think I would orgasm if I went to this concert (unfortunately it was prolly before I was born) {http://www.punkbands.com/lyrics/images/flyers/dk-mdc.jpg}

No comments: