Saturday, February 26, 2005

Low Phone Battery and Other Suspicious Activity

BE WARNED: What follows is not really funny, nor that interesting. It is just an account of what happened recently that I felt I had to write down and might as well post. So if you are an El Grayso reader who enjoys my zany wacky silly comments, or my dead on political analysis of our country.... feel free to skip this post. I didn't write it for you, I wrote it for myself. Straight up, church.

What a long night. First of all, I went to Dions to meet some friends and when we left, I found out I had a flat tire, but my friends had already left. I called my dad and he said that he was at a party and that I should just call Triple A. So I went inside Dions to call Triple A and my phone cut out and turned off due to low battery. So I turned it back on and text messaged the girl I have been dating for the last 5 days or so and told her what was up about how I was stuck at Dions and my phone apparently only let me text message. Blair (the girl) texts back and says that she'd go to help, but she didn't think she would be of any use. So I says to her that it would be really nice if she came anyways so I could have a cell phone to use and somebody to wait with me. Then she says "sorry, you should try to find somebody else." What's up with that? So I text back that I understand if she is busy, but if she is just preferring to go to a party with her friends than try to help me it kinda sucks. Then I realize that I might be able to use the Dions phone to call Triple A. I ask a girl there and she lets me use her cell phone. Triple A says that it will be about an "hour to an hour and a half" before they can be there. I figure "fuck waiting here" and decide walk home, wait a bit and let my phone charge (Triple A will call THAT phone afterall, if they need me) and then I'll ride a bike back and get back to Dions in time for the Triple A people to get there. Now I start walking home and Blair hasn't texted back, so I text her something saying about how I shouldn't have blamed her and it's not her fault and I was just in a bad mood. I don't hear back from her until I'm all the way at Nob Hill and she says "I'm at Dions and you aren't here." Then I tell her I'm really sorry and that I started walking back. "I don't see your truck here" is the next message I receive. It's fucking there! Don't worry about it! It's pretty crazy how suspicious this girl is about this whole deal. She acts like I planned it all or something. Anyways, I just tell her to look harder. Then I say that she should pick me up at Satelite so I can appologize in person. She told me that since she drove to Dions, I should just walk back there. Sooo I walk all the fuck up Central back to Dions, outside, in the cold, in a T-Shirt. I come inside to Dions and its her and some friends at a table. I told her I was sorry if I messed up her night. She said I didn't mess up her night, but she thought it was weird that I got mad at her "for not leaviing my friends for your sake when we've only known eachother a few days." She says that my dad was there and asks how I could have called him if my phone battery died. I told her that I talked to my dad before and he said that he couldn't come. Again, with the suspicion. I leave to go find my dad and just as I get up from the table my phone rings and then it cuts off. I hold it up to the table of skeptics and say "see, somebody just tried calling me and my phone went out because it can't handle calls." Then one girl at the table says as I am leaving "well maybe you shouldn't have text messaged so much." BURN! Just kidding. That burn didn't really make any logical sense or really mean ANYTHING. So I go outside looking for my dad and he's not there. Eventually I get a call from him and I try to make it short (phone battery low). He's pretty mad and comes to pick me up. He tells me that somebody slashed my tires and that he and the Triple A guy came and I wasn't there. The Triple A guy said he wouldn't be there for another hour!!! And my dad never said he was even coming!! Anyways, somebody slashed my tires and we figure it is because of my blasphemous message I had on my truck "Jesus Was A Pacifist!" Now, that is just common knowledge so I didn't realize that it could be offensive in any way. But you never can underestimate the stupidity of the citizens of America. So my dad says that we can't just buy one new tire because they don't make this kind anymore and we have to buy a whole set, which will cost hundreds of dollars. Of course, he was pretty mad about this and told me that I shouldn't write things on my truck that will offend people. So he takes drives me to the party and I drop him off and he lets me drive back home in his car. When I get home and put my dead phone in the charger I find out that I have a few text messages. "How did you call your dad if your phone was dead?" I don't even think I bothered to answer her on this one. It gets annoying after a bit constantly explaining that my phone can TEXT MESSAGE but an actual PHONE CALL takes up too much battery! Then I get the message "I think we should just be friends", and I get sad and say "just because of tonight?" and she says "you are smothering me!" So I call her like a human being would and quit this robot bullshit now that I have a phone charger hooked up. I ask her if we can talk on the phone the normal way. She says she doesn't mind. I ask her how I am smothering her and she says that I only have known her a little while and I already freak out when she can't come see me and that I always want her to see me or something. I thought about this and how she could think that I was "smothering" her. The only thing I could think of was that when I talked to her I would sometimes say things like "what are you doing later tonight?" and one time when I was coming home from Luis's I stopped by her work to say hi.... I normally wouldn't do something like that, but I thought she would like it because a few days before that she texted me during the day and said "are you going to come and visit me at work?" So I thought it would be a nice thing. Hey, I'm a nice guy afterall. Anyways, back to me and her talking on the phone about "smothering". I am in the middle of a sentance and I hear this "hey hey hey hey" in another voice. So I ask who it is. "This is Blair's friend and she doesn't want to be with you, can't you take a hint and just leave her alone?" so I just am thinking by now, this is just completley wac and I hang up the phone and decide that I want to talk to somebody about this craziness. So I drive up to Jenny's gradma's where I know Angelo and her are watching Curb Your Enthusiasm. I told them the whole story and they said she was a bitch as soon as I told them that she told me to try and find somebody else when I asked if she could wait with me. And looking back on it, I aggreed and I no longer think I am the one who was an asshole. I mean, even if we have only been dating for a little bit, if you have any cares about somebody you would easily go wait with them, I mean, it's not a hard thing to do if you have any compassion or empathy. And then I told them the WHOLE story and they couldn't believe how much of a "bitch" she was. I agree, but I wouldn't call her a "bitch", only because I know that everything she did was really bitchy, but Blair, in her own little world, probably didn't realize it. Forgive her father, for she knows not what a bitch she can be. I think that's from the bible. So Angelo is really good friends with her ex boyfriend and he told me that he's heard that she is really crazy... and that she is bi-polar. I thought it was funny that he kept saying "I knew she was crazy, but I didn't know she was a bitch." I was telling Jenny that I was glad I found out that she acted like this towards people this early and didn't get into a real relationship before I found out. I said that I didn't really care about not dating Blair (now that I know what she can be like) anymore, but it kinda sucked because I thought she was a much nicer person and a different person. Angelo said "dude, she was a different person, she's bi-polar." Even though she was a bitch to me, I don't want to be mean to her really, I just want to not have her in my life anymore. At one point I wanted to tell her "fuck you", but, it's not really worth it. I mean, adding more hate into the world isn't really going to solve anything. And I kind of feel bad for her, if she's bi-polar. I'm really glad I'm not dating somebody like her. Not because she's bi-polar, but because she is obviously a very shallow person. It really helped talking to Angelo and Jenny because they made me realize how sane I really was and how she was the one being... off the level. Jenny is right when she says that when you give the phone to another guy to tell me to go away, that's like stuff people do in middle school. In highschool you would hope that people can actually talk to one another rationally. Oh well. I have written this post on the night of Saturday 2/26, but I will not post it until I get some of the stuff she has of mine back. I don't want her to read it (she knows the address, but doesn't use the internet often) and burn the movie and books she has of mine or something. So I'll save this as a draft until I get the stuff back. Speaking of that, earlier in writing this post she texted me saying "sorry some guy from work took the phone. I do like you but you are just smothering me. i just want to take things slowly. do you want still want to hang out tomorrow?". By the way, tomorrow had been planning on have this official "date" thing where we would go to the mountains or something. Now here is what I answered back to "do you want to still hang out tomorrow?"........ "Yes... I want to get my stuff back." Oh man, it felt good saying that. Then she just texted "OK". So hopefully I will get my stuff back without a problem and not have to deal with this girl ever again.
-------------
Today: I went up to the ditch by Angelos house and hung out a bit with Max, Luis, Josh and Angelo. Somebody mentioned something about Blair and Josh said "you're dating Blair?" "Not anymore" I said "She seems pretty crazy." And everybody I guess already knew that she was crazy and irrational and they were talking about it and everything. I wish they had told me before I went out with her. Although, she was really nice to me at first so I probably wouldn't have believed them. Anyways, I got my stuff back and I can move on with my life and forget about that whole ordeal.

No comments: