Friday, March 04, 2005

Movie Review: Videodrome

I was somewhat disappointed after seeing David Cronenberg's Videodrome. It was pretty weird, I'll give it that, but it didn't add up to be as good as I thought it could have been. Nevertheless, it will leave you with some weird images in your mind and a strange dreamlike story to remember. The plotline is that a man starts getting interested in an underground extreme S&M television channel called Videodrome. Once he watches it for the first time, everything changes. He doesn't know what's real and what isn't. Is Videodrome even real? What is Videodrome? Why have I been given a slimey VHS tape made out of human flesh and blood instead of the normal plastic kind? Should I insert it into the giant hole that is now my stomache? These are the questions the man is faced with once he enters the world of.... Videodrome.
3 1/2 stars

No comments: