Monday, January 05, 2004

today I went to the mall to return some overpriced skate videos in exchange for shoes. so i had to go to that store called "industrial". it's a CHAIN skate shop in the mall, which is sad, because one of the only types of shops that weren't commercialized seemed to be skateshops, but what can you do? I guess not shop there, but I had store credit, so might as well use it. Anyways, the main thing that sucked there was that they had a bunch of t-shirt racks for big brands like 'vulcom' and such, but among them was a huge rack of nothing but 'OBEY' brand t-shirts! That would really suck if it turned into some brand-fad thing, which is the reason the idea was made to go against. I admit, I had bought an obey shirt awhile, but it was directly from obey, to support (what i thought was) a small on the side franchise to support the art. Well, all I can say is fuck buying obey merchandise from the mall! I felt like burning that whole rack. I'm sure sheppard fairy didn't want his work in the MALL of all places (unless it was stuck to the escalator, wink wink luis), which is why this confuses me... well someday, I shall get to the bottom of it!

No comments: