Monday, January 26, 2004

Vegetarians Are Stupid



When I used to be with my ex-girlfriend, Iris, she said it was terrible that I had a leather jacket because of the 'poor animal that had to die because of it'. I got that jacket used, meaning that this poor animal's sacrifice helped not only one person, but two. If nobody ended up buying the used jacket, it would be thrown away. But no, I came along and enabled the animal to continue helping society long after it's demise. Not only that, but let's just say for a second that the jacket WAS NEW, and I contributed to the consumer want for leather jacket production. The main thing cattle are used for is meat, leather is just a bonus. The animal is going to die no matter what so I might as well get a jacket out of the deal! People don't think these things through. Also, being a vegetarian to save animals is probably the most retarded thing I've ever heard of. Iris was big on this too. 'My girlfriend's a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian', accurately stated by 'Jules' in Pulp Fiction. When we had pizza, I asked for the most tortured animal topping they had. Iris got mad of course and we had to get some weird vegetable pizza. Even vegetarian pizza has cheese on it and cheese comes from... you guessed it, CATTLE! What I mean to say is that if you are going to become a vegetarian to save animals, you have to become a vegan as well for it to make any sense. It's a package deal. Being only vegetarian is like saying that you will only except the mistreatment of animals in CERTAIN forms. "Raising them in inhumane living conditions to constantly milk them against their will is fine, but no putting them unconcious and using them for meat!". To me, all animals in captivity are going to die and arn't going to live a free life. Who cares if old cattle that used to be used for milk are slaughtered for meat? Say that vegetarianism conquered America (ha!) and there was no reason to kill the milking cows when they get old and they would were let free: the best results you would get would be that instead of being knocked unconcious and quickly sliced by knives and machines, the cattle now get to be tracked down and slowly ripped apart by wolves or any of the other dozens of predators of cattle. All animals are killed during a process called 'nature'. The only thing could be viewed as a terrible crime against animals would be the TREATMENT of the animals that are ALIVE, which would include milking cows. That's why it's ridiculous to be vegetarian and not be vegan... Not to say that being vegan isn't stupid in itself. To not give into the laws of the food chain is just plain dumb. Species will kill other species over and over again all over the world and there is nothing anybody can do to stop that. Even if you somehow COULD stop all species from eating eachother, half of those species would probably die right away from starvation. But the reality is that it IS impossible to stop the food chain cycle. It would be very, very hard to stop even yourself (being the most hardcore vegan in the world) from causing the indirect harm any animal. "Hey I'm a vegetarian, I'll go to McDonalds with you, but I'm only having fries." OOPS! Fries are are dipped into hot oil that contains beef broth... "Hey I'm a vegan, I'll have some grape gummi bears, maybe some Ocean Spray fruit juice to wash them down" OOPS! Many dyes and flavors come from animals (in the KILLED form), such as the red dye (carmine) that comes from the female Dactlyopius insect of the Canary Islands (which takes 70,000 insects to make one pound of carmine dye). Purple dye can be extracted from certain types of snails. My message: Give the fuck up and eat an animal. You arn't doing anybody (including the animals) any good parading around with your vegetarian holliness. If cows were smarter they'd shake their heads at you. I bet if cows were smarter they'd realize that they taste really good and should sacrifice themselves for the good of the world. Afterall, meat is martyr.

"why? don't vegans have cows for pets?/why? don't they keep them in their apartments?/rights take a chimp to vote in '96/my god cows are smart as a stick
if you really want to make a difference/buy a herd and then go set them free/instead you just eat carrots and do absolutely nothing"

Current Music (in my head): Guttermouth-Mark's Arc

No comments: