Friday, May 14, 2004

Movie Review: Deer Hunter

For some reason, I couldn't really hear what the people were saying during a lot of parts of the Deer Hunter. Also, the scenes were severly drawn out and they were usually really mundane. These two elements, and the fact that it's a long ass movie, caused me to not pay as much attention as I would to some other movies. I say that I havn't payed attention because that's the only explanation as to what I saw in the movie. It didn't seem like that great of a movie, yet everybody says it's the greatest. This is why I say I must have missed something. I did, however, see the 15 minute long scene of a bunch of people dancing at a Jewish wedding. For the most part, I didn't really like this movie. I thought the Vietnam parts were good, but aside from that, I was pretty bored. Maybe I'll see it again in the distant future and give it a better rating, but for now it gets 3 1/2 stars.

No comments: