Sunday, May 16, 2004

Movie Review: Intermission

Thanks to the all mighty IFC, we are now given Intermission staring Colin Farrel and the rising actor Cillian Murphey (28 Days Later). You may be asking: "Why is it called 'intermission'? Do you walk around and mingle during the whole movie or what?" Well, I'll tell you.. The plot revolves around, and takes place upon, the intermission between one couple's relationship when they decide to go on a 'break'. Living up to it's claim, the movie has many unrelated characters of whoms' sub stories end up crossing paths and effecting one another. Although the plot is really easy to understand, there are way more intertwining lives and stories than that of Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, or an episode of Seinfeld. Intermission is the "Guy Ritchie movie" of 2004... although it's directed by a new independant Irish director named John Crowley. In my expert opinion, Intermission is better than Snatch and, dare I say, on par with Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels*. If you haven't gotten the gist of what I'm trying to convey in my review, I'll spell it out for you. Intermission is hella TYTE. Intermission is so good in fact, that it would go well with just about anything, such as burgers, steak or even coffee! Holly shit, would you look at that, I'm giving it Five stars.
5 Stars (see)

*Because of the fact that LS2SB is such a good film, I have not made up my mind as to if Intermission is as good. But, if it isn't, it certainly comes close.

No comments: