Monday, July 28, 2003

I can't help letting the paranoid side of me think about things from time to time. You know those stupid commercials about 'being aware of your kids'? The ones that say "you invaded my privacy. i hated my life. i hated you.... thank you". I hate those, they actually got to my mom and she has been wanting to know every little detail of what i am doing during the week... I dont even know that! I can't help thinking that those type of commercials are just there to keep crime down and save some money on the police. If all the kids were kept at home, there would be less crime outside caused by kids, obviously. Most kids wouldn't commit crimes, but that doesn't matter. As long as SOME of them have the POTENTIAL to, it's best to try and keep all of them at home. Who cares if it weakens family relationships? Who cares if it stops people from living or doing what they want? As long as it saves the police system some cash. It seems like just about anything has some sort of economic interest behind it. Such as the 'buckle-up laws', I don't have anything against them, but I don't think they are there for our protection as much as another way to fine people and make some more cash. A good example of hidden economic interests is when somebody robs a bank and the police are called. Almost always, the cost of the police is higher than the money the robber took from the bank. The robber drives fast, the police drive faster, the robber drives faster; a high speed chase ensues. Civilian cars, police cars and things like street signs, these are often demolished in the process of the chase, adding to the overall cost for the tax payers. Oh, did I mention the extreme danger for any average person who happens to be around? There have been children killed in these chases that happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Why is all this happeneing if it doesn't have to? Because if the police didn't come to the 'rescue', the banking buisness would be in jepordy, and that is something that can NOT happen in a capitalist society such as this, regardless of the chaos, money, and danger involved. - God Bless America

No comments: