Monday, February 23, 2004

Natural Sound Incident

You know when you hear a song on your headphones and the recording is so good that you can swear that somebody is really playing the guitar in one corner of the room (or a helicopter is actually flying by, which has happened to me while listening to 'Rancid-Black Hawk Down'... or you are walking down the street listening to 'Dead Kennedys-Jockorama' and the song has a car crash in it so you think a REAL car crash happened and run down to the end of the block to see it, only then realizing that it was a part of the music... which I'd be lying if I said has not happened to me..). So I was at the listening station at Natural Sound listening to a cd. There was a Igor type character talking in the song and the quality of the song's panning made it sound JUST like it was coming from right in front of me. Well, I wanted to listen to it even better so I turned it up some more... I then realized that everybody was looking at me and that I had taken the set of headphones from the station NEXT to mine, the headphones I was supposed to have on WERE right in front of me (really loud too!). I was listening to the song via headphones that werent even on while the real headphones were sitting in front of me playing really loud. Oh boy, I looked quite the fool, an April's fool as it were.

No comments: