Tuesday, February 10, 2004

New Coincidences

Where to start, where to start...
1. Well yesterday at lunch somebody came to our group and said that line from the half-assed movie "Half-Baked" : "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, i'm out". The discussion then went to me taking on three people trying to explain to them that Half-Baked really isn't a good movie if you watch it while sober... or while having decent movie standards. Then in my next class, a bunch of random people were talking and somebody said that same line and they were all trying to remember what it was from. It was kinda weird cos it was the same quote that was said less than an hour ago, but said by a completely different group of random people that I don't even know.
2. Yesterday in class I was writing the outline for a short story that I won't get into right now, but the main part had these kids driving and they got caught by the cops for having weed. Then in the next period, two kids that I know were talking about how the night before they were in their car and they got caught by the cops for having weed.
3. This might be hard to believe, but it seriously happened: Saturday, the day before Super Bowl Sunday, I went to the bookstore with Monet and bought the comedy book Mike Nelson's Mind Over Matters. On saturday, before I bought it, I read one excerpt from it. I will enlighten you with some of this excerpt. Mike was talking about VH1 behind the music type shows and how they sound like this:
{Narrator: Janet Jackson may have been down, but she was not out. In the spring of that year, she showed up at the Siqo foundation for abdominal strength research awards dinnder wearing only one strategically placed cottom ball. Journalist: That was just an amazing moment. That was Janet just saying, "here i am. I'm coming out. I'm wearing a cotton ball and I just don't care who knows it." After all she'd been through, with her record label releasing her album a week late, this was her moment to come back and just say, "Hey, I'm here, and I'm wearing a cotton ball." Henry Rollins: The cotton ball thing-that was genius. I mean if I could caputre that kind of ragged energy in my poems, then I don't know what.}
Once again, the next day would be Super Bowl Sunday, yep, the same super bowl sunday which Janet Jackson showed her boob. The book was written in 2002 and I read that excerpt the day before the super bowl incident. I think it's safe to say that the world revovles around me.

Current Music: Slayer - Mandatory Suicide
My Rating: 5