Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Book Review: Stranger Than Fiction

Stranger Than Fiction is Chuck Palahniuk's newest book. It is his second non-fiction book, after his book about Portland. I've read all of his books, his short story in Playboy and his contribution to this book (I can't remember the name) where he wrote about signing books. So when I saw that this book had been released and I saw it at Borders, I got it. I was disappointed. It wasn't very interesting most of the time, and just wasn't that good. Some of the articles were good, but a lot of them weren't. I liked one called "Life as a Dog", and I liked reading about his Dad's murder, but aside from that, a lot of it isn't worth reading. In fact, the book he wrote about Portland, which can be found in the Travel section, was a lot more interesting/better. I read the book in one day, which was more attributed to the fact that if I didn't finish it right away I would probably have no desire to pick it up the next day, rather than it being a "page-turner". He is coming out with a book called Monster (I think that's the title) sometime, which is a book of short stories.

No comments: