Saturday, July 17, 2004

Movie Review: Anchorman (new)

During the begining of this movie, I started thinking that I should leave and just get a refund for my money (or my parent's money, since I was with them). Then the movie got better; it elevated to the "mediocre" rating. It didn't get much higher from there though. There are a ton of really stale un-funny jokes in it, which of course the audience loved for some reason. A lot of slap-stick type comedy and fart jokes can be found in this movie, not in a good Dumb and Dumber type way, but a stupid annoying way. Of course there were a few funny parts, but not enough to justify watching the whole movie. The only good thing about the movie was Will Ferrel's obvious improvisation on a lot of lines. Another thing that really annoyed me in this movie was the over-abundance of cameos. You can usually tell a new movie is bad when it has a lot of cameos. This one had: Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Luke Wilson, that one guy who is in all the teen movies like Dodgeball and Old School who's name I don't know... and probably more cameos that I can't remember. This is not a movie you go out to the theatre to pay for and see, it's one you watch at 3am in the morning because you can't sleep.
3 stars

No comments: