Thursday, July 29, 2004

Movie Review: Secret Window

I wasn't expecting to like Secret Window. I don't usually like those Stephen King movies. For one thing, they always are about a writer and usually involve some aspect of children or childhood memories*. Secret Window followed the usual "writer" path... to the max. But it didn't involve children. It is the story of Johnny Depp** who wrote a story a long time ago, and somebody came to his door saying that they wrote the story, not him. The person then goes on to harass him a bunch and make threats and such. The movie is about how Depp deals with such threats.
I thought the plot was pretty good, and the movie was definately well made. The only thing that kinda sucked was the ending. It seems that too many movies use that same ending. I won't tell you what it is though. But then again, the ending kind of fit. I just wish that another ending could have happened that fit just as well.
4 Stars


* I bet you are thinking of a movie of his that you feel is THE movie I'm talking about, but really, all of you reading this are probably thinking of all different movies.. that's why it's funny.

** Not a character played by Johnny Depp, but ACTUALLY about Johnny Depp himself if he wrote books. I say this because he doesn't even seem like he is acting. I've seen videos of him hanging out and stuff and he acts exactly like that in Secret Window.

No comments: