Monday, August 23, 2004

Coincidence: Corporate Hands

OK. First of all, I should say I've been on some sort of corporation-themed books binge lately (the Corporation, No Logo, and now Corporateering). Awhile ago, I had the idea for a t-shirt design that showed how the two parties are controlled by the same organizations (corporations). The picture would be of these two hands with strings coming down from them and one hand would control the elephant and one would control the donkey. At the bottom it would say "Enjoy the show!". So today in my art class I sketched that out on paper. Then, this evening, I walked down to the used book store a couple blocks from my house (Bookstop) and I saw a book I'd never seen before "Corporateering". The cover had a picture of a hand with one of those wooden plus ( + ) signs that has the strings coming down. The hand had a cigar and a diamond ring, which mine lacks. Also, mine didn't have the wooden plus sign... the strings were kind of just tied onto the fingers for some reason, but I did think of putting some bling bling on one of the hands. Aaanyways, in the picture on the book cover, all you see is one hand and you don't see where the strings go, but I still think it was pretty crazy that I was just drawing something so close to that today. Plus, I'd never even heard of the book before, but I bought it.

No comments: