Thursday, June 17, 2004

Movie Review: True Romance

I forgot to rate this movie right after I first saw it, so it's kinda blurry in my mind. As I remember, True Romance was Quinten Terrintino's version of Taxi Driver. I say this because in both movies the main character takes on a pimp to try and free a hooker. True Romance goes farther with it than Taxi Driver did. What I mean is that True Romance is more focused on what happens after the scuffle with the pimp, as opposed to Taxi Driver which is more focused on what happens leading up to it. I'm sure this is Christian Slater's best movie, which would be followed by the Heathers. Brad Pitt was also in this movie in one of his most inspiring roles. He played the roomate who did nothing but constantly lay on the couch and smoke weed. There were about 2 scenes that he was in and neither of them really even required his character to exist. Did I say inspiring? I meant worthless. Aside from Pitt's cameo appearence, which was hyped up on the movie cover to appear as a main character, the movie was good. I would suggest you see it, especially if you are a fan of Terrintino, Taxi Driver or hookers.
4 stars

No comments: