Wednesday, April 28, 2004

"Gene" (Jene? Jeane?)

A strange occurance. About an hour ago I was at Natural Sound looking at the used cds and this girl was looking at me. Eventually she came up to me and asked if my name was Grayson. I had no idea who she was. I said yes and she said her name was Gene and I probably don't remember her. Then she said that she was Will Bassinger's girlfriend in middle school and I started to remember her more. I don't think I'd even said a word to her way back then, which makes it weird that she remembers me so well. We had an idle chat and she said she goes to UNM now. The weird part was when she suddenly got excited and whispered "I've got some white widow. Do you want to come and smoke a bowl?". I didn't of course. I told her that my parents were eating next door and I was supposed to meet up with them in a few minutes... which I was. Eventually she just slunk away out the door. It wouldn't of been that weird, and I guess it wasn't really, but it just seems like a weird happening to be asked to go smoke with a girl that you vaguely knew years ago.

No comments: