Friday, April 02, 2004

Movie Review: Rollerball

This week I watched a few movies, one of which was the 1975 classic, Rollerball. It is about the year 2018 and there is a new ultra-violent popular sport called Rollerball. In the movie, the corporations have taken over the government for some reason, which really has nothing to do with anything, but it's in there. After watching this movie for awhile, I realized that I used to play a black and white game called Rollerball on the computer when I was in kindergarden! It was the same exact game. It's weird when you completely forget about things until many years later. Yesterday, I looked for the game to download, but I never found it. Anyways, the plot is about how the corporations want the star Rollerball player to quit, but he doesn't want to. It's kind of a weird movie, but not really even weird in a good way. Actually, it's kinda boring and not much happens... but it is still one of my favorite 'Asian Beating' films. Yes, lots of Asian beating to be had here. My Rating for the movie: 2 1/2 stars.

No comments: