Friday, April 09, 2004

Movie Review: House On Haunted Hill

A better name for this movie would be "House on Haunted Don't Fucking Watch This Movie It is So Damn Lame and Horribly Fucking Boring And Stupid". GDAMN! I hate these new 'horror' movies they pump out nowadays. How did I get sucked into watching this lame ass movie? Well, I remembered my friend Stacy talking about how it was the scariest thing since sliced bread. Apparently she had watched it in the theater with some friends like Amos and Alex and they all thought it was scary. Holly Shit. Talk about a lame ass movie that wasn't scary at all. The fucking 'Gremlins' movie was scarier then this! I really need to get more opinions on what is scary, isntead of just taking a couple of peoples' word for it. I remember the time that I heard Megan say that the Poltigiest was the scariest movie. I watched it, it sucked and she said that she never said that it was scary... who knows, maybe I misheard it, but the fact is that I really need to ask around more before watching a supposedly scary movie. I have yet to see a movie that scared me. I want to see the Exorcist, but the dvd I had of it broke halfway through the movie when I was watching it yesterday. I also want to see the original Chainsaw Massacre, which I have never seen any of, but it's impossible to find at your average video store it seems. I thought the new Chainsaw Massacre was very good for new horror movie standards, which are very, very low. It wasn't scary, but I thought it was done very well... and it probably scared some people, or at least the people that are scared by House On Haunted Hill. I have yet to see the original House On Haunted Hill, the Vincent Price one, but I'm sure that it is way better than this new psuedo-horror movie shit that we who live in the 21st century have to put up with.

No comments: