Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Movie Review: Adaptation

'Adaptation' is the story of what happens when a man, Nicoles Cage, is turned into a flower pot. Everything is going alright for our potted hero, until he is accidently knocked off of the table somehow. As flower pots do not have arms or legs, he was unable to get up. So he thought and thought and tried to figure out who knocked him off his ledge and why? What was their sinister plan? Why did they not want his plant to get the necessary amount of light that plants require? These are the starkingly real questions that this movie dares to answer. 'Adaptation' was directed by the same fool who directed 'Being John M.' and 'Eternal Sunshine'. I don't remember his name; all I remember about him was in this one interview I remember him rambling on about how he hates when people abbreviate movie titles (which I whole heartedly agree with). 'Adaptation' was pretty weird and I thought it was even more creative than 'Being John Malcovich'. I'd say it was worth 4 stars.

[4/17/04-Message from the future: It was later pointed out by Luis that the writer is the person who remains constant through the 3 movies, not the director.]

No comments: