Monday, April 12, 2004

Strange Rumblings At Hobby Lobby

Today I, having nothing to do, went to Hobby Lobby with Katie and Karri. They needed posterboard for some project. While in line, Katie was talking about how she still has Ians plates. She said that he gave her cupcakes for her birthday and she still had the plates. I imagined all the little plates that the cup cakes were individually on, and asked why she didn't put them all on one plate. "What??" was the answer, followed by the ensuing confusion. I don't remember exactly what we were saying, but eventually she got the word out that there were cupcakes large quantities of cup cakes on two large dinner plates plates (as opposed to many individual plates for each cupcake*). It was at about this time that some large old woman in front of us in the line (I think she was buying some weird fake leafy stick things...) turned around and stared at us and started laughing... loudly. She looked at us, laughing, and then turned around after awhile. Of course, this lead me to start laughing very hard. Not because it anything was funny, but just because some huge old lady who was buying weird leaf stick things started laughing ostensibly about our cupcake conversation. Thankfully, I was not high. This is the exact type of situation that, due to Murphey's Law, tends to happen while you are high. At a time when you are so incredibly confused and high at the same time and you just want to ask "how did I get into a situation involving hobby lobby and laughing old leaf ladies and cupcakes!?!?". These are some reasons that I decided to quit taking the Devil's Harvest ahile ago. But even sober, I can't escape these terrible situations sometimes.

No comments: