Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Germ-ania

Those two cds I mentioned/reviewed in an earlier post (DK + Descendents) have something in common I forgot to mention--the Germs! That's right, they both can get you sick if you lick the cd case! Actually, I mean the band, the Germs. The Germs are the band that played after the Dead Kennedys at that show they recorded. As for the Descendents, there is a song about Milo being a nerd and in one part the song goes into the "we must bleed, we must bleeed..." bridge from the Germs song (the song called "We must bleed"). Only, since it is a humorous song about being a nerd, it says "we must read, we must read...".
Footnote: My band, Deadmary, recently came up with a new song they were showing me and in one part of the song it plays the exact same chords and are played exactly the same way as they go in "We must bleed" by the germs. I told them "hey, you guys do realize that that whole riff is from a Germs song, don't you?". I don't remember what demurred, but I think they denied it... although it's painfully obvious.

No comments: