Monday, March 15, 2004

Movie Review: Stand By Me

I just watched 'Stand By Me', which is another one of those Stephen King books made into a movie. It was pretty good, but I would have probably had more respect for it if half of the movie wasn't exactly the same as IT, the last Stephen King book made into a movie I watched. In both movies, the main character was a 13 year old kid that makes up stories and tells them to his friends. You see the kid grow up to be a writer as an adult... in BOTH movies! If that's not enough, most of the plots of IT and Stand by Me are just a bunch of elementry school kids hanging out and exploring stuff together all the time while the narrator says "they were some of the best times of my life, and the best friends I've ever had". Seriously, they could have saved a lot of money by just using the same footage in both of them. For some reason, I get the feeling that Stephen King had a bunch of friends in elementry school that he always told stories to and then he eventually grew up to be a writer. It's just a wild guess. Anyways, I'd give Stand By Me 3 1/2 stars out of 5. It looses points for being the same as half of the movie IT and for constantly playing the song 'Stand By Me'.

No comments: