Thursday, March 04, 2004

Info-tainment!/Platoon

You gotzta love that Bill Maher. Or, for you readers out there: You gotzta love that Micheal Moore. The thing about Bill Maher is that I can watch it on the TV. But if I'm on the go, I turn to Moore for on-the-go book-form. Both of them make me feel ambitious for some reason, like I can make a difference. Perhaps by attempting to assinate a president 'Taxi Driver' style, maybe even Alexander Berkman* style.
Also today, I watched "Platoon" staring Charlie Sheen and Christopher Walking (I also saw Johnny Depp in the opening credits for some reason?). Luis has boasted 'Platoon' to be the best Vietnam war movie. I beg to differ. No contest, I'd say that 'Full Metal Jacket' is better. Another thing that rascal Luis said was in an arguement we had awhile ago. I was (for some unknown reason, possibly talking about 'Daria') acting out the infamous scene from 'Platoon' where Christopher Walking is left behind and he gets on his knees and throws his arms towards the air. Anyways, Luis then said "no, no that's not what it was. His arms weren't going upwards, they were going sideways, to represent Jesus". Not knowing much about Platoon, I yielded to Luis on this one. Now that I've seen the movie, I can consciously say that his arms WERE towards the air like I was saying, and NOT sideways like Luis was saying. Not even for part of it were they sideways (I rewinded it). So for you folks at home, don't let anybody try to talk you into thinking that Chrisopher Walking's arms were sideways in Platoon.
*Since many of you readers might not know who Alexander Berkman was, he was the husband of the infamous Emma Goldman who attemped to assassinate Henry Clay Frick (I had to cheat using Google for this part, I couldn't remember which president it was), but ended up getting arrested.

PS: You can now download some communism, I mean mp3s, by my band Deadmary at our NEW official website. These songs are BETTER quality and on a BETTER website than the last. (They are the same quality as the ones from the battle of the bands website, but now you can download them to your computer to treasure for years and years!)

No comments: