Friday, March 12, 2004

Hippy Commune

It was so weird on thursday. I went to deadmary band practice in rio rancho at their house and there was this one extra guy there who had dreadlocks. I didn't think much of it, but then later in the practice, David's hippy ex-girlfriend and a couple of friends came over because they had just hitchhiked there way to rio rancho. After awhile they went outside and Ian says "since when did our house become a hippy commune??". It was so true. They were kinda annoying actually, daves ex girlfriend, cassy, kept on saying "yeah, it was totally rainbow"; rainbow meaning cool. Everytime she said that, I couldn't help but cringe. Also, she always talked about her friends in different stories and such and they all had ridiculous 'names'. She was talking about her friend 'Cash' and her friend 'Ubu' and I think another one that I can't remember. I was LITERALLY just thinking about how ridiculous it is for a group of people to ALL have weird nicknames. I can understand having one friend or so that has a weird nickname, but when ALL of them do, that's just out of hand and stupid. Anyways, like I said, I was JUST thinking about that when she started talking about her friend 'Pst'. She actually said his name was 'Pst', like the sound. I don't even remember what the story was about, I just know it was ridiculous because she kept saying and then Pst did this and Pst said whatever. Oh man, hippies are annoying... or at least the ones I encountered. All being a hippy is is a trend, that's really all it is. And a trend is pretty much fashion that has managed to not only take control of how you dress, but how you talk and even live to some extent. Being hippy is trendy just as goth is trendy just as punk is trendy just as prep is trendy. I, myself, don't want to limit myself to just one thing like that. Personally, I like to have my fingers in all kinds of pies. For instance, right now on my dresser is this hippy type pyrex bong thing that luis gave me for my birthday that I use for lighting insence. Next to that is this rock carved Buddha statue thing, but behind that is a painting of the Misfits' crimson ghost and a Dead Kennedys' "In God We Trust, Inc." sticker - Oh and also a tiny tiny bottle with a tiny tiny baby coming out of it... but I don't know exactly what trend that one stemmed from.

No comments: