Monday, March 29, 2004

Movie Review: The Game

I heard from a few people that 'The Game' was a good movie that I should see, so I watched it last night. At first it was intriging; it's the type of movie that makes you pay attention to it. It starred Micheal Douglass and Sean Penn. Also, it had this one weird sophisticated foreign guy who also played the sophisticated sounding foreign guy in '12 Angry Men' (the newest version with that annoying guy...name?... Tony Danson? yes Tony Danson. I think). Well 12 Angry Men is a lot better of a movie no matter which version, so you should watch that instead of 'the Game'. I perticulary dislike movies that don't really add up and have a bunch of things that would never happen and are just stupid... which is how the plot for "The Game" is. It had a bunch of ridiculous twists. At the first twist I was thinking "alright, I can see that". The second: "um.... ok, well fine". And then AGAIN there was a final twist of terrible ridiculousness! "MOVIE!?? NO! BAD MOVIE!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!". Unless you like saying that phrase, I suggest you avoid this one and watch 12 angry men, which has the sophisticated foriegn guy but WITHOUT a ridiculous plot. The best of both worlds! I give the game a measely 2 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments: