Monday, March 29, 2004

New Cds

The other day I had the idea that I could review not only movies that I see, but cds that I get also. Then I realized how ridiculous that would be because of how nobody who reads this would gain anything from that or even know what the hell I was talking about. Also, I get way too many cds to do that. For example, I went to LA for spring break (I will post about that when I have time) and I got the following 14 cds:

Dead Kennedys - Live at the Deaf Club
Agent Orange - Living in Darkness
Bad Brains - I Against I
Atmostphere - Seven's Travels
Electric Frankenstein - Don't Touch Me--I'm Electric!
Various Artists - Big Monster Bash Vol.1
Satan's Pilgrims - At Home With...
Satan's Pilgrims - Soul Pilgrim
Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet - Dim the Lights, Chill the Ham
Descendents - Cool To Be You
Los Straightjackets - Supersonic Guitars In 3D
Jello Biafra - I Blow Minds for a Living
Goober Patrol - Unbearable Lightness of Being Drunk
Captured! By Robots - S/T

You may notice that in the list there is a cd by the Descendents. Yes, this is the new cd I was talking about in a previous post. Well, apparently it just came out and, being a Descendent in some form, I got it. I havn't really listened to it too much yet, I just gave it the ol' once over, but it seemed like it had it's moments... but unfortunately it wasn't the quality Descendents music that I've grown to love over the years. Then again, this is to be expected when a band breaks up and gets together years later and makes a cd; for example when TSOL did that.
The other cd I mentioned was the Dead Kennedys one. It is a live album. A live album was released not too long ago (I say 'was released' rather than 'they released' because they didn't release it, rather the record company, Manifesto, did. Jello Biafra, who wrote much of the music had no say in it's release and didn't make a cent from it. That goes for this one as well) that was titled 'Mutany on the Bay'. I like this new one more though. One reason is that it is a single show, as opposed to a collection of live tracks from different shows. It's also worth noting that the two live tracks, 'Straight As' and the 'short songs' song that were on the older record "Give Me Convienience or Give Me Death" were both taken directly from this live show on the newly released album. The other reason I like the new live album better is because it has a never before released song, "Gaslight", and some covers I've never heard them play before. Also, I like their older style that is displayed on this cd more than that of 'Mutany..'.

Current Music: Dickies - Curb Job
My Rating: 4

No comments: